Monday, June 14, 2010

Wisdom in Conversation

Oh, how often the tongue can catch us, can't it ladies...  I've been reflecting in Proverbs on the many verses that speak to wisdom and the practice of its use.  The Word tells us that blessed is the man who finds it, who gains understanding (Proverbs 3:13).  Indeed, following suggestions that are merely opinions or jumped upon too quickly can be very damaging.  Inviting the Lord into the decision and carefully thinking it through can be very liberating - in fact blessing!  Follow further and discover that she (wisdom) is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold (Proverbs 3:14).  Now, that's the return I want on my decisions - profit/yield.  In my haste at times I am guilty of rushing in - I'm trying to practice the presence of reflection - a life in tune with what God desires for me, a life of complete surrender without fear.  Who can I fear, with God - no one!  His spring bursts forth new blessings, new opportunities every day for me to practice what I learn and encourage others as well.

"Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway" Proverbs 8:34.
Blessed - is the woman who listens, watching and waiting.  Seek Him.

Be a listener - watch for Him to reveal what He has for you today...this week...be patient and wait for His best and praise Him all along the way.

Let this be a part of your speech - listening, watching for opportunities to share your wisdom or your ways.  May all paths lead back to Him.

Live blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment