Monday, June 21, 2010

All we are and all we have...

All we are and all we have is given out of the abundance of God's grace.  Therefore, we are also stewards of that - and that includes our children.  It is a privilege to nurture, educate and guide our children.  This requires time, patience and a great deal of faith.  It is only under prayer and guidance that our children are able to take hold of the things of God for themselves.

My heart's desire is for my children to lay claim to their own faith.  For them to do so, the soil must be fertile.  I often ask myself, what can I do in my home and out to facilitate this?  I need to be transparent with my children, allowing them to see me turning and relying on the Lord - praying, giving, receiving, loving as Jesus.  They need to see and hear about prayers answered - they need to see us walk through waiting.  I purpose to create a pleasant, clean home ready to minister to them and their friends.  I need to make myself available for both the important and the frivilous.  I need to encourage honour, reward growth and stay connected - even when it's not convenient or outside of my comfort zone.

Yes, God's grace is abundant and sufficient for this mighty calling - my mission in life.

Living blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment