Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Save your energy!

How do you respond to stress? 
"O satisfy me with your mercy and loving kindness in the morning...that we may rejoice and be glad all our days."  Psalm 90:14
Every moment of every day is a gift!  Slow down and enjoy it!  I must purpose to save my energy for living, not worry.  After all,

"You will guard me and keep me in constant peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because I commit myself to you, lean on you and hope confidently in you."  Isaiah 26:3
so...
God will: Guard me and keep me in constant peace
When I: put my mind on Him: committed, leaning and with hope drenched in confidence.

God's promises always require a commitment of obedience from us.  But look at what is required here- a mind focused on Him - leaning (a.k.a. desperate, prayerful) and hopeful (anticipating the result) moreover, confidently.  YES!  YES! and YES!   I believe!

Is something wearing you down today?  It's time to redirect your attention then.  Want protection?  Want peace?  It is all there for the embracing.  Come to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment